Wednesday, January 18, 2017

a lot of October

So it's been a long time, so we will do the usual explosion of pictures with short explanations. Our internet is so much faster now maybe i will keep up- if i ever get caught up!
We took some new people to Corkscrew canyon, it was filled with water so we didn't venture in but people without kids made it all the way through.  It was a good little break for us though
In the beginning of October Devon met his brother and dad in Washington state for a boys trip. He had a great time and it was nice for him to relax without the kids or work.



I made the girls matching fall dresses, they turned out pretty cute- the dresses and the girls!
Devon got to take pictures of the high school football field for a book about football- we do have the best backdrop to watch a football game.
I brought a box of leaves back from Blanding since we don't have any of our own here, perfect amount to play in but not too many to rake.
Leah not sure about the coldness of ice cream, I'm sure she ate it though
Just a cool picture


James saw this at a gift shop and wanted to buy it but we convinced him we could take a picture and see if it was cheaper online- and see if he wanted to spend his money on it.  He got home and found a box and asked me to cut holes in it and made his own for free.  Good job saving $30!
While Devon was gone i took the kids to the sand dunes between conference sessions.  I was pretty proud of myself, and it was a lot of fun.  the only mishap was that Spencer buried both of my shoes, and we never could find one of them again.  Good thing they were cheap flip flops!

I tried a lot to recreate our blog header picture with Leah added, but the sun was in the wrong place and I'm not a great photographer.


Also while Devon was gone Leah had her first fever and she was like this ALL OF THE TIME!  I though maybe just teeth, or ear infection, finally she got a rash and I realized it was Rosela.  For such a calm easy baby she is no fun when she is sick.
Great big and really little watermelons from our garden.  This was our first successful year with melons.  We had normal watermelons and a kind called Hopi melons with yellow flesh.  It was a fun surprise to cut them open because they look the same from the outside.
Teddy Bear clinic- free teddy bears and lots more stuff, one of my kids favorite things!
Carrie and her friends playing in the leaves.
James got a black eye.  We tried to get him to tell a funny story, but it was actually pretty boring, he tried to climb on a trampoline when Spencer was already jumping and Spencer's knee came down on his eye.
Spencer's flu shot swelled up as usual, but not as bad as it did when he was little, I guess I shouldn't be surprised he hates shots.
Daddy is so big and strong!
Crazy hair day for red ribbon week
We must have made something yummy
this is why my whole house is never clean at once, if I'm cleaning one room someone is messing up another!

No comments: