Friday, December 9, 2011

catching up with the boys

Spencer loves to decorate. This is a turkey. He came up with it all on his own. His creativity always amazes me- and makes big messes.
We have taken lots of videos of the boys lately. It has been so fun to see James learn how to talk. He really started talking in sentences, and his personality has come out so much lately. He is scaring Devon, and then he says "I scare me?" Which means "Did I scare you?"
Apparently scaring is a theme in our house because Spencer loves to write scary stories that mostly consist of the words "boo" and "woo" and the occasional goblin and witch when we tell him how to spell that.



My boys aren't too into dress-up, but on this day they both wanted to get in costumes, and James never wanted to take his off.


Our boys love the movie How the Grinch stole Christmas. At more intense parts James yells "The Grinch, The Grinch, The Grinch!"



Once again, i have no idea where Spencer gets his ideas. He was putting tape on his hands to be Spiderman and climb the walls. He kept asking me what would really work to climb wall- but I am not as good at experimenting.





one day Spencer found the muffin liners and said- we should make boats out of these. So we learned about sinking and floating and got really wet- but it did follow my rule- it kept them busy for longer than it took to clean up. When they were done Spencer said "What else can I do that is science?"

No comments: