Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ode to my boys

I wanted to write some of my favorite things about my boys for Valentine's Day.
First is not really my boy- but my man. Devon is really the best husband i could ever ask for. His parents are amazing to have raised such a wonderful boy. On "library days" when I am gone in the evening he always takes such good care of things here. i come home to a clean house, fed boys and lots of great stories about the fun the boys had together. He loves playing with his boys. Devon is also very good at making me feel special, and helping me to be the best person I could be. He is always kind and patient, and I need that a lot! I love you Devon.
Spencer, where to start. I love that Spencer makes me laugh everyday. He always says such funny things. He is so excited about life. He always wants to go somewhere and do something. He has really been growing up lately and loves primary. A few weeks ago I asked him what they learned in primary, he said "You need a big stick to live with Heavenly Father." It took me a while to figure out they had talked about the Iron Rod. He is always making things for people. I love you Spencer!
James, how can you not love those big brown eyes? James is my cuddly boy. When he sees Devon or I walk in he comes running (or walking fast since he hasn't really mastered running yet). His personality has really started to show lately. He is my noticer- he notices which shoes each person wears and brings them to them several times a day. I got to help today in nursery and we were playing "Ring Around the Rosies" outside, when everyone fell down James looked at everyone like "What are you doing?" Then he went around helping everyone up. He always gives lots of kisses. I love you James.

Wow, I am one lucky girl to have such a wonderful little family- and big family too! Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

The Clifts said...

I love all your boys too. I was so happy to hear that you guys are coming to visit this summer! Sweet.

Carrie Gosney said...

Sarah, do you know how blessed our family is that you are a part of it? I hope you do. I totally agree with your thoughts about your 3 boys. And I loved the stories about Spencer (big stick) and James (ring-around-the-rosies).