Friday, May 1, 2009

Bedtime Madness

Spencer loves to do this in his bed- and everywhere else too!

So last night we decided to put up Spencer's "big boy bed." Our neighbor was so nice to help, but it took forever to put up. We were going to just let Spencer sleep in his crib one more night because it was so late, but I put him in the crib and he proceeded to climb out (which he has never done before) so he could sleep in his new bed. Trying to avoid serious injury we decided to just put him in the new bed for the night. I do not know how, but somehow he got into a position where his feet were on the crib and his hands were on the big bed. Of course he slipped and got a bloody lip. After that he was too tired, and we just put him in his crib to sleep. This morning I heard a big thump, followed by screaming because he had climbed out of his crib. There is no place in his little room to set up the crib so when he crawls out he will just hit the floor, not the bed. So this morning we put away the crib. I am glad we avoided serous injury last night (especially since the nearest hospital is more that 2 hours away), but we decided not to tempt fate. I guess we should just plan on a few weeks with less sleep!

2 comments:

The Clifts said...

I know how you feel. Good luck!

Deon Christensen said...

Good luck with the big boy bed, I know your little one will be easier then mine.