Sunday, May 27, 2018

August 2017

So today just before church started the power went out at our church building. They were never ever to restore all of the power so we had a very shortened Sacrament meeting and went home. The Bishop told us to write about in our Journal- so I decided maybe i should update my long-neglected family journal. Hopefully I can catch up some day.....
The Robert's (Devon's grandparents) family reunion was the beginning of August.  It was in Idaho, just outside of Twin Falls.  We had fun on the Harrop's boat and playing with lots of cousins.  Even though I grew up in Idaho I had never seen Shoshone Falls.  It was amazing, and huge!

Also in August was the San Juan county fair.  They had a money dig, face painting and lots of animals.  The kids had fun.  They are excited this year to submit some of their garden produce to the fair- we are still not brave enough to raise our own pig....

Our neighbors run a pizza truck- we got a special picture on our box.

For my birthday i really wanted to go see the eclipse in Idaho Falls.  I wasn't actually sure it would be worth the trip- but it was absolutely amazing.  It got dark and cold in the middle of the day.  When the sun was totally eclipsed the whole neighborhood erupted in cheers. It was such a show of the Majesty of the Creations and the Creator.  I hope my kids remember it- but I always will.


Leah turned 2 on August 24th.  She enjoyed her cupcakes. 

My birthday was August 23rd- it's fun to have our birthdays close since it's not so fun to think about getting older- I can plan for Leah's birthday instead.

We found some great trails right around the corner from our house.  There is a Hogan, a Tepee, a Pioneer home, a Mexican adobe house, a Piute house and a large viewing tower.  The kids love to go there because we just let them run on the trails and hope they find one that leads back to the car.

We could not get great pictures of the eclipse- but really this is what it looked like- it was unbelievable.

No comments: