Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sarah's Birthday

My birthday was on Sunday. As usual Devon made it a great day. He hid my presents and made riddles of where to find them. Here is an example "With pointed Fangs it sits in wait, With piercing force it doles out fate. Over bloodless victims proclaiming it's might. Eternally joining in a single bite." That's the only one I got with out clues, it was a stapler (that's where the present was hidden- Devon did not buy me a stapler). Here is another (it may sound familiar to you hobbit readers. "A box without hinges, key or lid. Yet golden treasure inside is hid." The answer is an egg. It was really fun to figure out the riddles. We ended up waiting until our neighbors came over to do most of them because it was more fun and easier with more people. I got a waffle maker from my mom, and lots of cool beads from Devon's mom. Devon got me lots of books and the Cosby Show second season and the this cool shelf to put my tea-sets on. We had the Whitaker's over for dinner. Devon barbecued- and it was great. Then we invited everyone who was home to come for cake and ice cream. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had quite the treasure hunt!