Thursday, April 20, 2017

Fat Man Squeeze

 So there is this hike that I have heard about many times and really wanted to go on, so Devon asked the librarian at the school, Parker, to take us.  It is one of those hikes with no trail so you have to go with someone that knows the way.  Anyway it was a really pretty hike.  We started by hiking to the top of this Mesa.


 Then we pretty much slid down the other side, like literally slid down the slick and and slightly wet and freezing rock and hoped we stopped before we broke a leg.
 Then we got to the really exciting part where you get to do this over water.

 Some places wer really wide at the top, and I am not tall of strong, so I opted for the freezing water.  One time Devon carried me accross, and it wasn't to deep,
 so I decided to just wade across the next one
 but it was really deep!  And really cold!
 The rest of the hike was amazing but not nearly as enjoyable for me.  It was a pretty cold day to begin with.  Devon gave me his sweatshirt but then I felt really bad that he had to give it up because of my wimpyness.

Oh well we made it through unharmed and if I ever do this hike again I will do it in the summer when you want to jump in cold water!

1 comment:

Carrie Gosney said...

Okay, so I don't check in on the blogs as regularly as I used to. But this one had my heart in my throat. YOU CRAZY KIDS!!! I can't believe you went on that hike. Actually, I can, but it looks so scary. I'm in awe.