Thursday, April 9, 2015

Snow

One of the last Sunday's in February we woke up to snow- and it just didn't stop snowing.  It usually doesn't snow much here- my previous sledding and snowman pictures attest to that.  I hoped for a snow day and was cursed.  We had snow days for 2 weeks!
This is the first day.  Devon helped the boys make a fort.  Carrie lasted outside for about 2 minutes.
 The snow was literally waist high on the boys.  Spencer asked my mom in Idaho if we stole their snow, and I think we did.  This was crazy.
 Unfortunately Devon still had to take a few students to Washington DC for a week because they had won a stock market game.  So the kids and I did a lot of stuff that we found on Pinterest and tried to stay sane
 
We built a fort, colored the snow, made playdough, painted, made cookies and yes watched a lot of tv.
We were very glad to have Daddy home for the second snow week, even though he had to go into work at least I saw an adult in the evening.  I am lucky to have such good kids though- I was actually sad to see them go back to school- I love spending time with them.
Are you sure this is Monument Valley?

No comments: