Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Four Corners

We asked Spencer if there was anything else he wanted to see around here in case we end up moving this summer. He said he wanted to go to Four Corners. That is a pretty boring place, so we supplemented our trip by going to Hovenweep as well.
Hovenweep is a canyon of ruins.  They are not huge and haven't been restored, but I had low expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised.  My favorite ruin is the how made out of the boulder in the middle of this picture.
James insisted that "Fluffy" needed to hike with us.
A prickly pear cactus in bloom.
This ruin was called the castle.
You can't keep a kids out of a puddle.
Carrie really did enjoy her ride, but she would rather be down exploring with the boys.
At four corners you pay 5 dollars a person to get in  and snap a picture, but I guess we fulfilled Spencer bucket list!


2 comments:

Evan and Amber said...

I can't believe you have to pay to stand there! It is on my bucket list too, but I may be too cheap for that!

Elizabeth said...

I think I only paid like $3 when I went (off-season price?) but they don't take credit cards! I spent 15 minutes digging out enough change to pay the lady.
I love all the pictures! Do you think you'll be up in Provo/SLC during 4th of July? I'll be there then and want to see you guys!