Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mystery Valley

For the annual staff trip this year we went on a tour of Mystery Valley. I have wanted to go there since we moved here, so I was really excited to go. It looked totally different than I expected, different than Monument Valley, which is right next door. Here come the pictures.
We rode in these big trucks with school bus type seats.  We made quite a few stops where you could climb up steep rocks, which the boys thought was great.
At one place you could climb a ladder and then be boosted by daddy to a high cliff.
"James, look at the camera!"
Pretty amazing formations, how did all of those holes get there?
A different view of Monument Valley
We found a very clean horse skeleton, here's the spine.
Spencer using ancient pottery for a nose, maybe that's what little kids did back then too.
Samantha taking a picture of Spencer, I thought that was pretty funny.
Yes Spencer you can do that when you are as old as Steven.  This is called "Honeymoon Arch"
James playing our guide (and neighbor) Larry's drum.  Larry played and sang for us.
Spencer got tired of waiting for us, so he went off on his own and gave me a heart attack.
What would we do without Daniel and Samantha?
I am really tired, also this hole is big enough to take a nap in.

 Our one family picture, not that great, but it's the only one we've got!
 
These are the trucks we rode in.
The tour was great, we had a lot of fun and climbed a lot of steep rocks with a baby strapped to my front.  On the way back it started to get super windy and rain and hail.  That was especially fun in these trucks, but it did add to the experience.  We had a great time, I love living where my boys get to experience so many different things.

No comments: