Saturday, December 18, 2010

Family pictures

I was bound and determined to get family pictures in front of "The Mittens." This is the part of Monument Valley that we see depicted everywhere- it's like quint-essential American west. Anyway- it took a lot of tries, but finally we had success!
This was our first try. the sun was right in our eyes, so the boys would not look at the camera.

This was on our way to the tour. I hoped to kill to birds with one stone, but we decided dressing warmly was more important than dressing cute.
We tried to beat the storm and did not succeed. Freezing rain was falling as we took this one.
Finally a nice day and happy boys. James isn't smiling, but after all those other attempts- this is definitely success!

3 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Very cute! I love all the pictures, that is always how it goes :)

The Clifts said...

I think that is the most beautiful picture. Amazing background and beautiful family. I want to come visit again all by myself so I can go hiking without the kids.

All of us, but mostly Heidi said...

Looks great!