Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spencer's Birthday

Spencer had a great 3rd birthday. I can't believe he has grown up that much. He loved opening his presents. We split it up a little and did the grandparents presents in the morning and our presents in the evening. He was so excited all day long! He kept asking if it was time for his party yet. Here are some present pictures. After every present Spencer gave one of us a hug- it was really cute!



James enjoyed the presents too. He will climb into and on top of anything!

We decided to have a birthday party just to help eat the cake and break the pinata. Spencer chose a Dinosaur pinata, so we tried to go for a dinosaur theme.
First we dug for animals in the sand box. I couldn't find any dinosaurs, so we just dug for some modern day relatives- snakes, lizards and frogs.

Then we did the pinata, it was a real hit! It turned out really fun, although we were a little nervous with kids swinging bats. The pinata was so tough that everyone got one turn, and Spencer and his friend Jackson got a few turns. It finally fell to the ground, but it still didn't break. Finally Devon and our neighbor Lewis broke it open. The kids didn't mind getting to hit it more often.



I also attempted a dinosaur cake. I wished for Catherine and Kelsey's help on this one, but I think it turn out okay. While I was decorating it Spencer said "I love my dinosaur cake mom, thanks for making it!" So I guess he liked it!

This is where James spent the party, in our sand box. Then he couldn't get out, and he likes playing in the sand. Amazingly he doesn't eat it, but he does suck on the toys with sand on them.

Spencer had a great birthday. It was fun to see him so excited and actually knowing what was going on!

2 comments:

The Clifts said...

What are you talking about?! that cake is amazing. Although I do have to admit it is really nice to have help since decorating can take forever. :) So cute. Happy Birthday Spencer!

Elizabeth said...

Have I told you my roommates and I quote Spencer all the time? They get as excited as me to see the latest video of Spencer and his cute little voice. :o)
Nice job on the shirts and the cake, very impressive.