Friday, April 3, 2009

Coombs Visit to Monument Valley

Last week my family came to visit us. We had a great time! Spencer especially enjoyed the extra attention. He has been pretty bored since they left- I am not that exciting!
Here are some pictures from their visit.
Natalie and Spencer with the horse statue in "The View" lobby.

My mom, Nathan, Natalie, Spencer and I outside of "The View."

Devon took my dad, Nathan and Natalie on the classic hike behind our house- we take everyone on it- but after Devon's parent's visited we decided driving up the back way was better. Anyway, we usually have to get our neighbor to drive people up in his 4-wheel drive, but Devon tried out the 4-wheel capability of our new CR-V this time. Lewis drove the Blue Bullet too, because we had no idea how our car would do on the roads, it did great though!
Here are Nathan and Natalie in the sink-holes at the top. These things are pretty deep!


Nathan, Natalie and Lewis at the top.

I told Devon that it is not fair that he gets to take people on the hike (it's not exactly Spencer friendly, so I always get to stay home). I don't think I could make it up with my big belly right now- but after the baby comes, I'm going exploring! They always find new stuff that I have never seen. This is one of those new things.

Devon, Nathan and Natalie by the ruins.

These are just more pictures of the hike.




We had a great time! We are ready for more visitors anytime!

1 comment:

Deon Christensen said...

It just looks so peaceful there. I hope you guys are doing well.