Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blue Bullet Tour

On Friday our neighbor took us to see the hiking sights near our house. We rode in his car, the "blue bullet" because you needed a 4 wheel drive. First we climbed up to see a view of the school from above.
These toe-holds were carved into the rock.

This is the view from the top.

On the way up there were lots of sink holes, they were pretty deep. Devon thought about climbing into this one for a picture- but we didn't know if he could get out!

This is the view of the school from the top- it was pretty far down. "You can really see how populated the area is in this picture.

This is us on the top. It was super windy!

Next we went to find some ancient ruins. To get to them we had to crawl through some small holes. This is me crawling in.

Here is what Devon has to say about the ruins.

Devon had to slither through the holes to get out- they were pretty small.

This was the last stop on our hike. This is called "Teardrop." This took a total of about 2 hour including driving time. It is pretty nice to live in a tourist trap!

3 comments:

The Clifts said...

I was thinking that this would be fun to go to when we visit, but if Devon had to shimmy thru, I doubt I'd fit. I guess I'll have to settle for pictures.

Tiffany said...

That looks like so much fun! I'd really like to find a way to get out there this year sometime!

Deon Christensen said...

that is so cool! Just be careful I am extremely scared of heights and I don't want either of you plummeting to your deaths. AHHHHHH! Oh and Spencer is adorable he is getting so big.